non-binding Inquiry
visit our partner hotel
Pertschy Palais Hotel
open
DE | EN | IT
close

History

This Art Nouveau hotel dates back to the years 1913-14, when a 7-storey building with a kitchen on each floor was built for residential purposes at 7 Hafnersteig in the historic centre of Vienna. In 1978 it was converted into a hotel known as the Adlerhof when the Pertschy family purchased it. They did quick renovations and changed the name to Pension Christina, *** 3 Stars accommodation with 33 rooms. The small Art Nouveau establishment with breakfast provided was greatly appreciated by international guests for 30 years, especially because of its central location and Frau Traude's hospitality. In 2007 it was time for another change: the second generation had the building completely refurbished. It was gutted and brought up to **** 4 Stars standard, while retaining a modern vision of Art Nouveau.

At the end of 2008 the boutique Hotel Alma was reopened following upgrading. The first surprise for guests is a bright entrance, suffused with light. The breakfast area was designed to provide a pleasant area in which to linger around the clock. After a tour of the city, guests are received at an open fireplace by cold weather and can get the news of the day via free WiFi . All kinds of coffee specialties are available at the press of a button any time of day or night with a WMF automatic coffee machine. Elements of Art Nouveau were used in the room furnishings and implemented and interpreted in new ways in the materials, designs and colours. The colours of the "Lampion" curtain fabrics were revitalized and the fabrics themselves enlarged according to the ideas of the architect Paula Groß and based on Otto Prutscher's 1905 patterns from the traditionally-minded Vienna fabric manufacturer, Backhausen. The hand-blown "Castore" lamps from Artemide by Michele de Lucchi are reminiscent of Art Deco globular lamps and provide stylish illumination. As far as comfort in bed is concerned, exclusive products such as innerspring mattresses, Austrian goose duvets and the choicest bed linen take priority. All the furniture is made of local oak, with shiny, ecologically-friendly, aqueous finishes, made-to-measure by Austrian cabinet-makers. Red as the predominant colour in the bathrooms and toilets places emphasis on colour in every room. The deluxe rooms captivate guests because of the wellness activities in the rooms themselves - new-generation polyplex whirlpools which have been specially developed for those seeking peace and tranquillity. Pre-warmed air streams through 20 silent jets in the bottom of the bathtub and produces a pleasant prickling feeling in the body. Quotations by Oskar Kokoschka and Gustav Klimt accompany the guests through the corridors - as smart details and seriously intended challenges.

There are two suites in the newly extended attic with large windows, views of St. Stephen's cathedral, upholstery from the Neue Wiener Werkstätte, Kartell Bourgie table lamps by Ferruccio Lavani and access to the Panorama terrace with sundeck : a wonderful place to relax after an extensive tour of the city.